Sunday, August 10, 2014

Frag Tank update!!

So over the weekend I ended up getting a Banner Engineering light bar from my dad. Not the typical reef led but so far so good. It's a 24v bar that is "normally" used for industrial applications. 

Since putting it up my zoas and mushrooms that were reaching for light have settled down to where they should be. I've also added a couple more egg crate racks to the tank to lift some colonies off of the ground to make cleaning the bottom easier. 

Looking at the tanks today makes me think I went a little "frag crazy". My 20 gallon long tank is completely filled. I have really no more room... This is good in the sense that my coral is growing but bad in the fact that now I have to find somewhere to offload some of the frags. I suppose I could do a little rearranging, add another big rack and take out some of the smaller ones and so on, but that will have to wait until some time Monday or Tuesday. I have plenty of egg crate left to do it with. I mean look at it! It's packed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment