Sunday, December 28, 2014

Reef Tank Pro Iphone App Review

So I needed somewhere to store all my tank parameters as well as additions and deaths in my tanks. I'm good with excel and had created a couple sheets for that kind of stuff when I was working as a pool supervisor so I modified them to fit my needs with Reef Keeping. They work good for what I need, but I wanted something that I could easily carry with me as well as keep pictures of things as I add them to the tanks. I looked around and tried a couple apps, but the one that got me was the $5 app Reef Tank Pro by Eric Cosner. I liked the look as well as the capabilities it had. I've been using it now for well over a year and it really fits well with my needs.



I'll put the link to the page at the bottom of the post so you can check it out for yourself. Some of the features include adding multiple tanks and a photo of them, entering data like test parameters, being able create a graph for the data you want to graph over a period of time and including multiple tanks in that one graph, and my biggest thing- creating your own custom entries such as water changes, supplement additions, coral and fish additions, etc, and you can take a picture of them for the entry as well. Out of the apps that I have tried for this hobby I'd give it a 4 out of 5 rating which is pretty much what the reviews in the app store give it. Of course it doesn't have everything, but then again what does? The link has some photos of the app, but here are a few of mine as well.






Link to iTunes page:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reef-tank-pro/id478681884?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment